Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekend update, a.k.a Labor

Just a little update on the bedroom re-do. As you can see, it has turned into a major project. My lovely husband decided to start ripping up the tile on the bathroom floor, (bedroom bathroom) (while I was out food shopping) so that means really under construction. I thought it was just the bedroom at first, but now it is a whole different ballgame. I have a feeling it is going to go on into the wee days of summer. I really wish this was my dream kitchen, but that will have to come in time. (In about 3 years now.) I was hoping to get that first! Oh well.Bathroom below to the left. Very small, teal blue tile, my hubby said is out dated, but I kind of liked it. What do I know? I'm used to cream, or off white. It will now be replaced with off white.
So far the ceiling is done in the bedroom. (that is all!) I picked a color called Saybrook Sage, from Pottery Barn, for the walls, and I really love it. Below is everything crammed into the end of the room, ready to fall into the bay. That pretty chase lounge is from my husband's grandmother, and I LOVE IT!!!!


I'll keep you posted, and hopefully not bored, on our progress. Have a great weekend!!

XOXO


11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see if finished. Isn't it funny how you start in one tiny area and before you know it the project grows. I love the size of your bedroom. Keep us posted. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is your bedroom! I love all the natural light, your room looks huge. Can't wait to see finished product. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful bedroom, and huge! i have always dreamed of a big bedroom...ours is about big enough for our king bed and the four dog beds!....someday! have a great wknd and look forward to the progress pics!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Joyce, the project has grown from just painting, to full fledge overhaul!
    Yes, the room is a nice size. It is kind of like a walk in attic, but instead it's a bedroom. When we got the house, it came with everything in the bedroom--couch and all.
    Trust me----in my real house, I wouldn't even have room in my bedroom for 4 dog beds!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the light in this room and the double french doors to the bathroom are lovely, this is your Maryland house right? Or do you live on the water in Pa. too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these ideas always don't sound like too much trouble, then BAM!!! You get started and suddenly it is a huge project.... Looks like it is going to be a great finish tho' Ronda!! Hang in there!!

    I am thinking of gutting my bathroom off our bedroom but don't dare do it yet because I know it will be huge, and the wedding of Craig & Amy is in June and I will have a houseful and am going to Jersey in April..... can't get started till Fall-ish I think.

    When you take mini breaks you can visit my blog where there are many little mini videos to choose from to get away from it all for a moment!! Or come on up for Corn Dog Day on Saturday.... :)

    PS How long does it take you to drive to your MD house???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this is Maryland. No water around here in Pa. Do you know where the Fort Washington area, or Upper Dublin is? That is where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ina, It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive to Maryland. Not bad at all. From here, it takes about 2 hours to the Jersey shore.
    Yes, wait till the fall to gut your bathroom, that is a scary thought with the wedding so close! It will be worth the wait.
    I would so love to come to the corndog fest. My kind of activity. Have a great weekend.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good so far!!!! What a major undertaking but exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous...I have about 25 projects that I want done here and we can never seem to get to them!

    ReplyDelete