Monday, June 13, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
- 24 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 tube (6 ounces) decorating frosting in color of your choice
- 24 After Eight thin mints
- 24 milk chocolate M&M's in color of your choice or 24 semisweet chocolate chips
- Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups; place upside down on waxed paper. Place a small amount of frosting on each peanut butter cup; center a mint on each. Using frosting, make a loop for each cap's tassel. Place an M&M on top of each loop. Yield: 2 dozen
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
- Corn chips, for serving
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Grated cheese, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
Let me know what you think!
Recipe adapted from Paula Dean
Thursday, May 12, 2011
- 1 cup white-cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Cointreau
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add cranberry juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Shake to combine well. Strain into two large martini glasses. Serve immediately.
I thought this cosmo was not only pretty and easy, but sounds delicious!
Had a very busy week this week, but just wanted to say hi and have a great Friday! Now I have to run out to get some white-cranberry juice!
P.S. This cocktail is from Martha Stewart
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Have a wonderful week if I don't see you before I leave. I am NOT bringing my computer with me this time.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
I also want to wish her brother Teddy a Happy Birthday too. They have been a joy to have around and I couldn't imagine my life without them in it.
I hope everyone is having a great week, and ready for a nice holiday. The weather is starting to cooperate around here, and I only wish it would stay this way. I have been busy the last few weeks. Oh hell--who am I kidding? I have been busy the last 20 years! Spring break started today for me and I'm loving it so far, feeling relaxed for the moment.
Any big plans for you this week? I'm heading to Kansas City next Wednesday for my niece's wedding and I can't wait!
Have a great day!!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
I hope everyone is having a nice week. I'm heading down to Maryland after work today, so I hope I don't break this ABC Challenge, which is becoming a challenge itself! I thought how easy it would be, and it is. It's just the daily posting every morning can get tough when you have to go to work. I think from now on, I might be posting the night before during this silly game!
Have a great day!!