Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pasta au la Ronda

Tonight, I made a DELICIOUS pasta dish. I usually have some kind of meat on hand, and tonight I used Italian Hot Sausage. It is kind of like a meat ragu sauce, very easy, but oh so good! I added onion, mushrooms, 2 cans chopped tomatoes, and at the end, added fresh asparagus. First start by cooking the sausage. (Scraped the sausage out of the casings, like ground sausage.)






Then add the onions and mushrooms, and saute until softened and cooked.




Then add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes.





To the tomatoes, I add about 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and about 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir well, and let it hang out and simmer for about 20-30 minutes on low. Start your pasta water if your ready to eat, or turn off the sauce and cover with foil until your ready to eat. (Your sauce is made for when ever you are ready to eat!)
Get your salad ready.




While your pasta is cooking, re-heat your sauce and add the asparagus, toss well.







Can you smell it? Now get the bread, cheese, and salad on the table. Wine, if you want it.








As Rachael Ray would say, YUMMO!!
Bon Appetit
XOXO










6 comments:

  1. OMGosh, that looks terrific. I'll bring the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ronda, I am going to make this dish!! So easy, wonderful ingredients. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. PS How far is it from your house to Brielle NJ?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love the looks of that I'm making this for sure!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pink and Frau! It is soooo good!

    Ina, I'm not sure how far, but I will look it up!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so... good! I am going to give it a try!!

    How is your finger?

    Have a golden weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful!!! And I dig hearing Jason Mraz as I look at food.

    ReplyDelete