Wednesday, February 2, 2011

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!


Groundhog Day is a holiday celebrated on February 2 in the United States and Canada. According to folklore, if it is cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day, it will leave the burrow, signifying that winter will soon end. If it is sunny, the groundhog will supposedly see its shadow and retreat back into its burrow, and winter will continue for six more weeks.


Woke up this morning to 1/4 inch of ice! Roads, trees, wires, driveway....and I have to go to work. Wish me luck.

Let us pray that he leaves his burrow!!!! I can't take much more of this!

Have a great day!!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. we had the big storm...12 inches and major blowing snow....digging out now, Madison is closed down..."all non essential employees" are off....(i'm considered essential animal care, but i don't work till friday)
    stay safe!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ! He saw his shadow ...so early Spring! I will believe it when I see it! Be safe and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YippppE..spring is on it's way
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Spring. But I think it might be in the Caribbean! Your winter had been absolutely crazy! I just saw Puxatawny Phil on the news, looks like the sun came out in PA!!

    LOVED the lip gloss joke Ronda! Stay safe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete