Monday, May 23, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
- Corn chips, for serving
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Grated cheese, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
Let me know what you think!
Recipe adapted from Paula Dean
Thursday, May 12, 2011
- 1 cup white-cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Cointreau
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add cranberry juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Shake to combine well. Strain into two large martini glasses. Serve immediately.
I thought this cosmo was not only pretty and easy, but sounds delicious!
Had a very busy week this week, but just wanted to say hi and have a great Friday! Now I have to run out to get some white-cranberry juice!
P.S. This cocktail is from Martha Stewart