Friday, October 30, 2009

Blood Orange Margarita

I found a nice drink for Halloween, for anyone who is staying home. It sound so refreshing! I think Ina should make these and get those costumes going!



Blood Orange Margarita

1½ oz fresh blood orange juice
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz Cointreau
2 oz blanco tequila

Yield: 1 serving
Shake well with ice and strain into a salt-rimmed cocktail glass or a salt-rimmed old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Garnish with a blood orange wedge and a sprig of fresh sage.

To batch in advance:
2¼ c fresh blood orange juice
1½ c fresh lime juice
1½ c Cointreau
3 c blanco tequila

Yield: 12 servings
Stir all the ingredients together in a pitcher. When ready to serve, measure out 5-6 oz per drink and shake over ice. Strain into a salt-rimmed cocktail glass or a salt-rimmed old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Garnish with a blood orange wedge and a sprig of fresh sage.

Enjoy!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Do you have to add the juices? Just kidding! Sounds yummy and looks so pretty. I like the industrial strength pitcher method. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! My yard was unscathed, I wonder if we were under protection?
    We are going to Utah in Feb. to ski, Copper next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, since it has OJ in it I can have it for brunch huh?

    hah, looks so good. I love the idea of blood orange juice, I don't think I ever bought it before.

    Oh and Happy Birthday to your son!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete