Friday, October 23, 2009

Beginning of my Bahama Trip

Happy Friday everyone! Finally giving you an update on my trip. We arrived in Orlando, and spent three nights at this Resort called Orange Lake. The room was beautiful and big. It was like a mini suite.


It was almost like an apartment, with a full kitchen. Too bad we didn't have to do any cooking, at all!


Here is my sister Susie, posing in the kitchen.


Here we are on our first night having a Margarita. This is Cheryl, my sister's friend who joined us on our trip. She is a real sweetheart! We got there late, and they closed at 11:00p.m. So we had just enough time to enjoy our drink, and kick off our vacation.


There was lots of entertainment. Words alone (and only one picture) cannot express this woman. I don't this I have ever laughed so hard!


A woman on stilts. It was almost circus like this night. Really neat.



A guy playing with fire.



This was the bartender. He was a super sweet guy. I think he was from Russia. He told us his life story, and how much he misses his family. He showed us pictures of his kids and everything. I think he has to work six months straight, then he gets to go back home with his family for three months, then starts all over again. I don't think if I would want that job!



We found this hearse in the parking lot. Look closely.


This is what was looking out of the window! Scary!




Last, but not least, this is the place that I met my blogger friend, Stephanie. We had a great three day stay at this resort. What a great way to begin a cruise!!
There will be pictures of the cruise coming soon.
Have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO


6 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that bartender! And that girl Stephanie! But I definitely missed that lady with the hula hoop. WOW!!!!!!

    So glad you had a great time. I LOVE staying at cute places with kitchens to cook in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Yes, you did miss the hula hoop lady, she was a doozie!! Click on her picture to capture her even closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the women doing the hula-hoop looks too old to be pregnant!?.....
    great pictures, must have been a wonderful time, thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fab time. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy Russian man! Silly Hula Hooper... she reminds me of a former neighbor. This former neighbor had one of those exercise thingies AT HER FRONT DOOR!!!!! OUTSIDE! And it was so attractive to see her riding this thing (not an exercise bike, kind of like a horse thing. Very weird). She just moved out of the neighborhood to Arkansas if that gives you a clue of what it was like to see her and her weird antics for over 20 years.

    Looking forward to the cruise pictures!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!! I'll be updating with a fab VU lous offer this weekend, so stop by again.
    Cheers,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete