Monday, February 21, 2011

New Addition

It's that time again, where I go MIA. I just need to step away, and take in my surroundings. It feels good.
Amy (we) got a new puppy. Her name is Olive. Amy rescued her from Lancaster, Pa from a cage in a woman's garage. She spent her whole 11 weeks in a cage. The reason I say "we" is because she leaves her at our house during the day--it is closer to her work so she can let her out at lunch. It has been a LONG time since I have had a puppy in this house. Lots of accidents!


This is her first day, and not sure what to do, poor baby. Amy got her on Valentines Day, last Monday.
She now LOVES the snow.


Getting to know me. She is a real sweetheart!


She is so docile and good, I just love her disposition! I forgot to say she is a Golden-doodle.


After 3 days, I'd say she was getting quite comfortable! A far cry from where she was a few days ago!


She sleeps like a rock!


Can you believe she is only 11 weeks old? She is going to be a horse!

Happy President's Day, and I hope all is well with everyone.
Have been busy in Maryland with the kitchen addition, should be done sometime in April. I cannot wait for Spring!

Peace Out

XOXO

9 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous puppy! and such a lucky dog!! did you mention her name? so fun to watch a broken spirit, break into flight...such a sweetheart...
    xoxo
    (the 11wk old golden retriever pup had to be euthanized...so f-ing sad...just glad i wasn't there..the part i don't like about my job...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty!!! Olive is so blessed to be part of your family!!! Her future is so much brigther now... our Dolce and Stella are the heart of our home...xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olive is a so... adorable!! How lucky she found her way home. I like to think of rescues this way- they take the long way home, but hopefully find their way. How did your daughter find her in the garage. Poor thing- most garages don't have good lighting. The big question is how is Ms. Princess doing with the new addition? smile... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive is a lucky kid to have you as a forever home
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. A woman had a litter of pups that she just kept in cages, in the garage. Poor living conditions, and no human contact. She is doing great and we love her! Stella is trying to warm up to her, you know--this is her territory!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE OLIVE!! Adorable!! So happy Olive has been rescued, and please give Amy a big hug from me for rescuing this sweet puppy. You should report that woman to the Animal Cops, SPCA or whatever organization can get those dogs out of the garage. Why do people get dogs if they are not willing to treat them humanely? I will look forward to follow up.

    Zittners........ yum....... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "your" new baby! So cute and Yes, will certainly be big. How is Stella doing with this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetheart! Both Olive and Amy AND you! It breaks my heart how some people 'care' for animals and pets. Thank goodness now Olive has a loving home. I love how she felt safe and secure to stretch out and sleep so well. She is adorable. I have a friend who has a labra-doodle and he is huge, more like an Irish Wolf Hound. You might have a big girl on your hands. Enjoy your break. I'll miss you but will be here when you come back! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete