Monday, July 19, 2010

Hello Friends!

Well hello there! I'm still around, just not in cyber world. I've been busy living never a dull moment! I'm here to give you an update of what I have been doing the last few weeks. Remember my sister Susie from Kansas City? Well she came to Philadelphia for a visit with her husband Kelly. They came out to be the God-parents to my brother's girls who where baptized last week. We crammed in a quick trip to New York City too! They flew into Baltimore, so of course we had to get a boat ride in before heading to Philly.


Kelly enjoying the ride.


Stella is having fun too! (Very ugly sunglasses I have on. I didn't know what they looked like until I saw these pictures)!


We got to New York and stayed right in the heart of Times Square. My niece Katy got us a suite on the 44 th floor of the Marriott. (There were only 45 floors)! I don't do well with heights, and they had a glass elevator! I had to close my eyes and back into it every time we got on!


Times Square at night time. The lights were so bright, it looked like noon at 11:00 p.m.
There are some very colorful people in NYC!


People watching on some bleachers that were lit up right by Macy's.


Sister Susie, Niece Katy (thank-you Katy for the wonderful trip), and my Amy having some lunch.


Back in Philly. Susie and Kelly getting ready for the Baptismal. This is Emily and Hannah, my brother's daughters.


All ready for church.


Aren't they cute? These girls are so beautiful!! The youngest, Emily is a hoot. Tomboy all the way, too funny!


We decided to take a pose in front of the alter that we were married at 29 years ago!
I have to say, it has been too long since I have been to church.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. It is just flying by for me, and I want it to slow down! Hope all is well with you.

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Ronda! I felt like I was in on all the fun, the boat ride, the visit to NYC and the baptisim. Those girls are adorable, I loved their dresses and the picture of them at the altar. Also, I loved the picture of your hubby and sister (picture #1) and the one of you and him at the altar. I have been to the Marriott in NYC, there is a lot going on in that hotel and it is indeed smack in the middle of everything. Just step outside the doors and can pretty much walk anywhere you want from there.

    I agree, summer is zooming by. I too have been lax in my postings, our weather has been rainy so every time the sun is out, we dash outside. I am heading for NJ in Sept with my friend Elizabeth, we are taking in a Yankees game, one day at the US Open and hopefully a play (Promises Promises). We have reservations at the Waldorf for the NYC portion of our stay, other than that we will be in Brick NJ at my sister's, we have lots of tennis and local baseball on the agenda (Lakewood NJ's Blue Claws). Thanks for the mid-summer (sniff...) update. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to hear from you! i've missed you, but realize summer is such a busy time!
    your hubby looks like such a sweet man, and very handsome! i like your sunglasses....
    thanks for checking in! hugs to Stella!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing what you've been up to. I've missed you! Do you know I've only done a drive-by of NYC when I was very small and have never been back? I think hubby wants to go this fall as we have a couple of freebie tickets. NYC seems overwhelming to me. I'd have no idea where to start. Maybe you can help. Being on a boat on a lake in the summer ~ I can't think of anything else more fun. Hope you post again soon. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what fun..mom loves that crazy NYC
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great is it to get that picture all of these years later? You love bugs!

    Digging the tune choice today. :)

    ReplyDelete